Manila car hire information
Manila car hire reviews and directory
Car hire locations in Manila
Good to know
|Most popular agency||Europcar|
|Most popular car type||Compact|
|Average price||AED 124/day|
|Good deal||AED 105/day|
When to book a hire car in Manila
Top tips for renting a car in Manila
- The main advantage of renting a vehicle during your time in Manila is that it opens the outer areas of the city and nearby countryside for exploration. Fort Santiago, for instance, is just 20 minutes from central Manila by car, but if you were to opt for public transport instead, it could take up to 50 minutes.
- For travelers planning on renting a vehicle after landing at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport, the hire car counters can be found at a variety of locations in the airport. Terminals 1, 2, and 3 all have their own hire car areas located in their respective Arrivals Lobbies.
- Due to congestion on major roads during the workweek, Manila has enforced the Unified Vehicular Volume Reduction Program (UVVRP), which forbids certain private vehicles from driving on major roads on various days of the week from 7:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m., based on the final digit of their license plate. Specifically, vehicles whose license plates ends with a 1 or 2 are banned on Mondays, 3 or 4 on Tuesdays, 5 or 6 on Wednesdays, 7 or 8 on Thursdays, and 9 or 0 on Fridays.
- Manila like any major city in the world experiences its fair share of rush hour traffic. Drivers can expect the morning rush hour to pick up around 7:00 a.m. and to last until 9:00 a.m. most mornings, while the afternoon and evening rush hour usually begins at around 4:00 p.m. and finishes up between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. The key roads to avoid during rush hour in Manila are the R-8 and C-1. Both of these roads face major congestion during the busiest hours of the day.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Manila for AED 105 or less
- Book your rental car in Manila at least 7 weeks before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Compact rental cars in Manila are around 42% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about hiring a car in Manila
How much does it cost to hire a car in Manila?
On average a hire car in Manila costs AED 124 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Manila?
Compact (Ford Focus or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Manila.
What is the cheapest car rental company in Manila?
What is the best rental car company in Manila?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport (MNL)?
The only car hire company onsite at Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport is Europcar.
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport (MNL)?
The only car hire company that offers shuttle or pick-up services from Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport to off-airport locations is Europcar.
What is the cheapest car hire location in Manila?
In the last 72 hours the cheapest hire car price was found at Europcar Desk In Rental Counter Arrival Hall 1300 (11 kilometres from the city centre).
How can I find car rentals near me in Manila?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Compact car rental cost in Manila?
A Compact car rental in Manila costs AED 124 per day, on average.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Manila?
A Economy car rental in Manila costs AED 142 per day, on average.
How much does a Premium car rental cost in Manila?
A Premium car rental in Manila costs AED 306 per day, on average.
What is the most popular rental car location in Manila?
In Manila, cars are most frequently hired at Europcar Desk In Rental Counter Arrival Hall (10.61 km from city centre ).
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Manila?
On average a rental car in Manila costs AED 865 per week (AED 124 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Manila?
On average a rental car in Manila costs AED 3708 per month (AED 124 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Manila?
It is best to go with a mid-sized to smaller vehicle like a sedan or compact during your time in Manila because of the city’s variable roads. This is because it isn’t uncommon to see small lanes and one-way roads, particularly in the more historic sections of the city. On such streets, larger cars may struggle to fit at times, so to be safe, go with a smaller car. Additionally, parking spaces are often small, especially in densely populated areas.
What's the speed limit in Manila?
Streets within Manila feature speed limits from 20 km/h (12 mph) in residential areas to 40 km/h (25 mph) on regular urban roads, while outside of built-up areas the speed limit goes up to 80 km/h (50 mph). On motorways and expressways the speed limit can reach 100 km/h (62 mph).
How are gas prices in Manila?
The average price per liter of petrol in Manila is around 50 PHP ($0.96) per liter, which is roughly 189 PHP ($3.63) per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Manila?
Private parking garages and lots are convenient great options for drivers who are sticking to the busier parts of town. This is particularly the case in the bay front area, where parking garages are the main option available. In quieter quarters such as residential areas, streetside parking is a more popular and typical option. Drivers should note, though, that many businesses will have private parking lots and garages for their customers to use.