Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Launceston
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||AED 244|
|Average price (weekend night):||AED 226|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun - Thu
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Fri & Sat
How much does a hotel in Launceston cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Launceston hotel
- If you want to learn about the history of Launceston and would like to be within easy walking distance of the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, then the Clarion Hotel City Park Grand is a good option. This 4-star hotel offers boutique accommodation in downtown Launceston and is a 10-minute walk across the river to the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery.
- For travellers who would like to be near the greenery of Launceston’s parks, the 4-star Mercure overlooks the 200-year-old City Park, a heritage site and something that is of great cultural importance in Launceston.
- For visitors who want to mix luxury with history, the 4-star Florance is a good option. This hotel was built in the 19th century and, although it has kept up with important elements of modern hotels, it has managed to maintain its Victorian character. This hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Boags Brewery, which has been in operation since 1881 and is a 7-minute walk from the Launceston Tramway Museum, which is a community-based project that works to restore the old trams that used to exist in Launceston.
- For those who like to enjoy a bit of shopping when on holiday, you could consider staying in the majestic Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston, which is located close to 1842 Gallery for handcrafted furniture and is within an easy walking distance of the network of shopping streets around Brisbane Street Mall – the oldest shopping mall in Launceston.
- Looking for adventure? Consider staying at the Leisure Inn Penny Royal Hotel and Apartments, a 3-star heritage property. Next door to this hotel is the Penny Royal Adventure Centre complete with indoor and outdoor climbing walls, a 100-metre zip line and reconstructed 19th-century mills. The Penny Royal Adventure Centre, which is based on the original Penny Royal Windmill (from the 1840s) also has a ghost tour and onsite restaurant, café and wine bar where you can relax after a day of adventure.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Launceston
Which hotels in Launceston have a terrace?
The luxury Hatherley Birrell Collection, an 1830s mansion with a beautiful English-style garden that is overlooked by the hotel terraces, is only 1 kilometre from the city centre. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Cataract Gorge and a 15 minutes’ drive from Launceston Airport.
What hotels in Launceston provide a good breakfast?
The 4-star Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston, which is two blocks from the city centre and within easy walking distance of the historic Prince’s Square, has a good breakfast for an additional fee. Balmoral on York, a hotel favoured by people travelling for business, is a short walk from the lively restaurant and bar area of Launceston and has a good breakfast included in the room price.
Which hotels in Launceston have family rooms?
The 4-star Peppers Seaport Hotel, with its views of the River Tamar and location in Launceston's Old Seaport Dock area, has rooms for families. Another good option for family rooms is the Commodore Regent, which is only a 3-minute walk to the city centre. This hotel is also close to the National Automobile Museum.
What are some good hotels in Launceston with free on-site parking?
The 4-star Adina Place Motel has north-facing balconies and views of Launceston, plus it has free public parking onsite – reservation is not required. A good budget option that offers free public parking nearby is the 2-star Arthouse Hostel, which is situated on the North Esk River, between the Seaport and the Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery, and is a 15-minute walk from the city centre.
How much is a hotel in Launceston for tonight?
In the last 3 hours, users have found Launceston hotels for tonight for as low as AED 135. Users have also found 3-star hotels from AED 135 and 4-star hotels from AED 143.Search here to find similar prices.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.