Simple But FunctionalPros: 1. Entirely clean.
2. Great view of the Museum of History and the little square in front of it. (At least from my room.)
3. Good location with pedestrian streets & many shops; just a few tram stops from main train station.
4. Staff are friendly; they are there mostly for the restaurant, but they try to be helpful.
5. If you must stay in Basel, there is no real reason to not stay here. It is simple but it works fine with no major issues.Cons: 1. About 150% overpriced, as is most everything in Switzerland,
2. WiFi was very weak in the room (about 35%); I often had to go into the hallway to get webpages to load.
3. Only 1 male toilet on the floor, which means that sooner or later you will wait or have to go to another floor.
4. Mattress was a bit too firm.
5. Cleaning staff only there in the morning, so if you sleep in until noon, your room will not be cleaned.
6. The office is closed on Sunday, making it impossible to print out anything on that day.
7. The kind of place that has to put an ashtray in the WC, because if they did not, guests would create burn stains on the top of the toilet paper dispenser by leaving their lit cigs there while wiping their butts.